Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
- A tall, slim vase
- Tall sticks (you can find these easily in your backyard)
- Small acorns or other decorative material to fill the vase
- Construction paper
- Hole puncher
- Using the construction paper, draw or trace out the shape of leaves. Cut out the shapes.
- Write something you are thankful for on each leaf.
- Punch holes at the end of each leaf.
- Cut 4 inch strips of yarn and tie them through the hole punches.
- Tie the leaves to the stick. Be sure to spread them out to make it look like an actual tree.
- Fill your vase with acorns and put the stick in the vase. The acorns will help to hold your tree in place.
- Voila! Your centerpiece is ready to be admired.